Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Post - Banner Day!

So welcome to my new adventure.  I've thought about starting a blog before but haven't been able to convince myself I'd have enough time or I'd be happy with the results.  After reading so many other crafting blogs and looking at blog hops, etc., I've decided to go for it.

I've been crafting for about 5 years and still have so much to learn.  I shocked my friends when I decided to make a scrapbook.  Luckily I had a friend who was a Stampin' Up! demo and scrapbooker who helped me get started.  Being single with no children, I switched to primarily card making after losing some scrapbooking mojo - how many pictures of your friends hanging out or your dog can you really scrapbook?

I have fallen in love with card making - I love the smaller format.  It feels like I can go work in my craft room and come out after an hour or two with a finished project.  I LOVE that.  I also admit I love shopping for supplies and organizing them.  I hope writing this blog and posting projects encourages me to USE my supplies.  There will always be something else I want to buy if I *gasp* use something up.

This is my chance to give back to the crafting community.  I hope something here inspires you as you have all inspired me.

Up next will be my first challenge post...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment